How to Get Started
We have several opportunities for youth wrestlers to begin or continue wrestling in our Mounds View HS area. The website will update with registration pages, exact dates and times as we get near the season.
Youth: K-5th grade Opportunities
* After school elementary programs at Valentine, Island Lake and Turtle Lake for grades K-5:
Mid-September through October, 2 days a week right after school for one hour. This is a great way to get introduced to the sport right at the wrestlers school. We try to arrange a program for the kids at Snail Lake K Center as well. Registration will be through Community Ed.
* Mounds View Mustangs Youth Club Grades K-8
Mid-November though March, we run several different programs for the wrestlers at MVHS.
– 4 week Beginner programs for grades K-3: Monday and Wednesdays, 5:45-6:45.
– 10 week Beginner programs for grades 4-8: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Times vary
– We also offer intermediate and advanced level wrestling on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
The Youth Club offers a wide range of levels and coaching. As wrestlers become more experienced, they have opportunities to compete with the team and in individual tournaments throughout the weekends. The more advanced wrestlers will compete to qualify for the State tournament and even National tournaments.
* We offer a Middle School program after school at Chippewa in the fall, the dates are set and you can find more information at the link below. This is a great way to introduce wrestlers of this age group to the sport. Practices are 3 days a week, M, Tue, W, right after school for an hour. Competitions vary on Wed and Thursday vs other middle schools.
* Grades 6-8 beyond Chippewa, you are also welcome in the above mentioned Mounds View Mustangs Youth Club.
– We have a 10 week program for grades 4-8 at MVHS Mid-Nov through March: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, Times vary